Thursday, February 14, 2013

Party Time—The Gilded Fan

We Heroine Addicts are all about partying and today we are celebrating the publication of Christina's new book, The Gilded Fan. This is a sequel to her book The Scarlet Kimono and it sounds absolutely breathtaking.

Because it's partly set in Japan, we're having a Japanese theme to our party today, and before we get on with it, can I just say that having attended Susanna's recent Russian-themed party, and now this one, that I am asking myself why I keep on setting my books in Reading, where the most exotic thing is the bald wrinkly tattooed guy who hangs out round the corner from my house smoking a fag and saying sexist remarks to every passing female.

Anyway. On with the party, and an escape to a life that is beautiful and serene, and also full of raw fish!



All of the Heroine Addicts are wearing gorgeous kimonos; here's Biddy's. Biddy's also in charge of the sake...whooooo!


Christina has sorted out some entertainment for us in the form of a rather luscious sumo wrestler. I think the idea is that each of the Addicts get a turn with him. Nice!


Personally though, I'm all about the food. Here are some pictures from our sumptuous buffet:




Now that we're suitably clothed, fed, sake'ed, and...er...wrestled, here's more about Christina's new book, The Gilded Fan...


How do you start a new life, leaving behind all you love?
It’s 1641, and when Midori Kumashiro, the orphaned daughter of a warlord, is told she has to leave Japan or die, she has no choice but to flee to England. Midori is trained in the arts of war, but is that enough to help her survive a journey, with a lecherous crew and an attractive captain she doesn’t trust?
Having come to Nagasaki to trade, the last thing Captain Nico Noordholt wants is a female passenger, especially a beautiful one. How can he protect her from his crew when he can’t keep his own eyes off her?
During their journey, Nico and Midori form a tentative bond, but they both have secrets that can change everything. When they arrive in England, a civil war is brewing, and only by standing together can they hope to survive…
Congratulations Christina! All together everyone...raise your sake...and toast: KANPAI!

7 comments:

  1. Kanpai to you too and thank you very much! Am loving the sushi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am skipping the food...not to good on sushi and sashimi...but loving the kimono!

    lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can always give you yakitori instead - lovely grilled chicken on little kebab type sticks :-) More sushi for me then :-D ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo that kimono does look good on me! I'll have some yakitori please :-)

    Anyone for sake? Or shall I keep it all for myself?

    The book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Biddy :-) You do look gorgeous in that! As for the sake, you can definitely keep that - don't like it at all! I'll go find something else to drink I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kanpai!

    Obviously I can have all the sashimi to myself! I love sashimi and this looks amazing. I am also pretty interested in that tofu on a stick.

    And more sake please...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete